Saturday, January 14, 2012

AFC


I was watching an episode of Big Bang Theory with my son, and in that episode, Sheldon uses the acronym "AFK" to indicate to the other participants of a multi-player online game that he's "Away From Keyboard." As in:

"Sheldon, AFK."

So I am hereby repurposing that acronym to indicate that I am taking a much-needed break from school this long weekend and am, officially, "AFC," or "Away From Classroom." I could use "AFK" for "Away From Kids," but I actually miss the kids when I'm gone, so I'm sticking with my first choice. I think it could catch on.

So, I will be back with renewed vigor and a new post early next week, but until then...

Lahey, AFC. Bazinga.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I love your Blog. My sister, Kim, turned me on to it when she bestowed the Liebster Blog Award on you. I too am a teacher and I shared this post with my other teacher friends and encouraged them to join the much needed AFC movement:-)
    Keep up the great work. Your blogs are insightful thought provoking.

    Alison, AFC (Ha ha ha, and just saw "Bazinga", got to love Sheldon)

    ReplyDelete