Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mind the Gap


Thank you all so much for the kind words of support and concern for the state of my gray matter. I am recovering, if slowly, and these past couple of weeks have been a real education for me in patience, stillness, and quiet. I'm not back to baseline yet, but I'm getting there.

In other news, the most recent "Parent-Teacher Conference" has racked up some great comments. I love writing this bi-weekly column, and am always on the lookout for new questions, so feel free to drop me a line in the email form over there ------------>

In the meantime, check out the current "Parent-Teacher Conference," a discussion about ability grouping in math and finding the right level of challenge for your kid. Be sure to check out the comments, because they are fantastic. While other outlets are getting rid of the ability to comment on posts, I'm seeing encouraging signs of increased intelligent discourse here and there. It's rare for posts to receive so many thoughtful, productive, and nuanced comments, so I'm pretty thrilled with my readers this week.

Sorry for the radio silence, but until I'm all healed up, I'm trying to write and read as little as possible. Edits on my manuscript come back from Gail Winston, my editor at HarperCollins, any day now, and I'm determined to be as rested and ready as possible so I can get back down to work the minute they hit my inbox. The cover is looking great, the subtitle has been re-written, and I simply can't wait for the next step in the adventure.


Take the jump to Motherlode here.

No comments:

Post a Comment